Without Faith It is impossible to please God.

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see

If you have a testimony that you would like to share, please register as a user and submit one.

Please come back often to have your faith built up. We want you to believe God for great things and many miracles. Also consider signing up to have new testimonies sent to your email as they come in.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

God multiplies financial seed...bigtime!

I am a domestic missionary who is involved in street ministry and encouraging the Body of Christ in taking the gospel outside of the walls of the church building.   One part of my ministry is making prayer station banners to be given away freely and prayerfully to people who will use them.  For more information on prayer station evangelism please click here.  

Anyway, when I was called into the ministry I went through some stripping down by my heavenly Father.  I was feeling the call of God on my life but I had a good job at a bank and wanted to have a "secure" feeling about going into the ministry full time.   It turns out I was really running from my call and making Jonah look like an amature.  I kept thinking when I have "X" amount of money saved up then I will go into the ministry.  As it turned out that God wanted me sooner rather than later and he wanted me to learn to trust him for everything.  I ended up giving up my nice job at a bank, and after several attempts at starting my own business failed, I finally had nothing to do other than ministry..... My whale experience was giving up my job, two failed businesses among other things.  Anyway, needless to say for a season I was without tons of extra cash.  I never lacked anything in the way of food and clothing etc. God has and always be very faithful.

For a season I would be scraping by and learning to believe God for daily necessities and for greater things.  One night during the worship portion of a church service another missionary brother came to me and gave me $20.00 cash saying that God had spoken to him and he wanted to be obedient.  I gladly received the cash as I was in desperate need of the cash to purchase some material for some prayer stations that I had made for an African Pastor who was leaving very soon. I wanted to be able to give the banners to him before he went back to Africa and I had printed the text on the prayer station in his African language.  Finding another person to use the banners could have taken some time etc.  Anyway, I was thinking to myself, "thank you God for meeting this time sensitive need!"

Then came a great trail....or at least I though so.  During the offering time, The Lord said...give the $20.00 in the offering.  I had a quick talk with the LORD......I was really questioning if I was hearing him correctly because I was in need of some funds to complete the prayer stations for the African pastor and it was time sensitive.  Then God spoke again...."If you give it I will give you $20,000"....I decided to give the $20.00 in the offering.  Approximately,3- 6 weeks later.....I received a donation for my Church of over $20,000 from a friend who had received an inheritance.  Since that time, I have continued to sow and be a giver.

God wants us to be a flowing river in all areas of our lives.  Contrast this with a reservoir where water just collects and can become stagnant.  We should be givers of all that we get....spiritually and materially.  If we have received wisdom and salvation from God....we should be giving out spiritual wisdom and doing evangelism.  It's not a question of "If" we have received material blessing from the LORD...all good things come from above...and he wants us to prayerfully share what we have with those who have a need.

When you meet an old friend or a new acquaintance...try throwing up a quick prayer and ask the Lord..."what kindness can I show this person?"   You might be surprised to hear that they just need a hug, or someone to listen to them, or $20 for gas.  He knows what you have and what THEY need....and wants to be a matchmaker.  Just be willing and open...then someone will be willing and open to meet your needs...and his name is JESUS!





I hope this testimony encourages you to be a giver of both your time and resources to the LORD.  There are so many promises in the bible of God's faithfulness in provision, etc.  Please believe God for your daily necessities and for finances for yourself and ministry.  Sowing and reaping is a Kingdom principle!  


If he was willing to give HIS only begotten SON, how much more is he willing to give to those who honor and acknowledge him.  


Without Faith....It is impossible to please God.  





No comments:

Post a Comment