Without Faith It is impossible to please God.

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see

If you have a testimony that you would like to share, please register as a user and submit one.

Please come back often to have your faith built up. We want you to believe God for great things and many miracles. Also consider signing up to have new testimonies sent to your email as they come in.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Help Me tell the youth

Help me tell the youth

When I was serving a 4 year sentenace in Kaduna central prison, I had an encounter that I feel strongly led of God to share with you.  You will be blessed as you read this testimony.  Just a few weeks before going to prision, I gave my lift to Christ in a retreat campground.  The pastor was preaching a powerful message titled a “New life in Christ”.  I went to the retreat ground not for the purpose of hearing the gospel but with the intention of stealing things.  As God would have it, a one time violent criminal made a decision to surrender his life to Jesus Christ.  I realized that I was a sinner in need of a savior.  My life of sin and crime had put me at odds with a holy and just God.  

About two weeks after giving my life to Christ, I faced a robbery charge in court.  I testified truthfully in the case admittting that I was the leader of the gang that had robbed a bank.  I choose to testifly honestly, when I could have lied and perhaps gotten off.  I ended up getting a four year sentance without an option of paying a fine.  





Bubbling in my new found faith, and my deliverance from crime, I landed in Kaduna Central prision.  In this prision, I fervently witnessed to anyone who came my way.  This included both fellow inmates and the prision authorities.  I would share how that before I was in crime but now I was forgiven and walking with Christ.  A few days later, I started a group called PRISON WITNESSING TEAM (PWT), with a few other inmates.  We quickly agreed on having joint prayer and fasting, bible study, and witnessing from cell to cell.  The next saturday was Easter saturday, we decided to witness to the condemned criminals.   I came to four young boys in the same cell ranging in age from 20 to 24 years.  I asked them if they would like me to share the gospel with them.  


They all said yes.  With joy I opened my bible to Dueteronomy 30:19, which says, “I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing.  Choose life, that both you and your seed may live.”  I told them that God was not responsible for our coming to prison or our suffering. Instead it was becuase of our choices.  We had before us life and blessing in one group, and death and cursing in another and that God advises everyone to reject death and cursing and to choose life and blessing so that we can live and fulfill destiny.  While I was still sharing, the youngest of the four boys started weeping. His tears could not stop me.  I continued and when I was about to lead them to Christ, I asked him if he had something to share with us.  He nodded his head and cleaned his tears.  Then he said, “you are not the one who has spoken but God used you to speak to me”.  I asked him what do you mean.  He said four months ago, exactly on the 26th of December, my grandmother took me into her small room, opened an old bible, and read exactly the same passage that you have just read to us.  She told me that before me is life and death, blessing and cursing and that God wants me to choose life and to accept Jesus Christ as my lord and savior.  The young man told me that he immediately became offended when his grandmother advised him to accept Christ and start going to church.  He said to her, “how do you expect me to start going to church at my young age.  This is my time to enjoy me youth, when I become old I will then start going to church and start serving God”.  The young man banged the door behind his grandmother and traveled to Port Harcort, where he me the other three young men in the cell with him.  In Port Harcort, they robbed and killed a man who was coming from the bank.  The young men fled to Abuja where they spent the money on many criminal activities.   After the money ran out, they robbed a family and got some more money.  A few days later these four young men were arrested and condemned to death.



 By this time in the story we were all in tears.  The young man said, “can you see the reason why I said that you were not the one who spoke to us.  It was God.  How could it be the same passage and message that I rejected 4 months ago.  He cried so loud that prisioners in other cells could hear.  Wheeping he said, “ I MADE A WRONG CHOICE, I HAD AN OPORTUNITY TO CHOSE LIFE AND BLESSING BUT INSTEAD I CHOOSE DEATH AND CURSING. THAT IS WHY I AM HERE”.  

You that are reading this testimony.  What choice are you making?  “THIS DAY, I CALL HEAVEN AND EARTH TO RECORD AGAINST YOU, THAT BEFORE YOU IS LIFE AND BLESSING OR DEATH AND CURSING, CHOOSE LIFE THAT BOTH YOU AND YOUR SEED MAY LIVE.  WHY NOT ACCEPT JESUS NOW?  

THERE IS A WAY THAT SEEMS RIGHT TO A MAN,  BUT THE END THEREOF IS DEATH.  Proverbs 16:25





The young man told me somethign that I will not forget all the days of my life.  He said, “please, if you are priveledged to go out of this prison, help me tell the youth, tell them that I MADE THE WRONG CHOICE.”  I had the opportunity to choose life, but i choose death.  Three days later the four young men where executed.  

The young man could have repented and followed Christ possibly fulfilling a wonderful destiny that God had for him. Instead he chose to wait until later and begin a life a crime.  He life was cut short but thankfully, God gave him a chance to get right with him before he died.  This young man cried out for forgiveness through Christ.  I hope that you will seek the Lord while are still able.  You never know when you will die. TODAY IS THE DAY OF SALVATION.  
If you would like to ask Jesus Christ to be your Lord and savior today.  Please pray a simple prayer like the one listed below.  
make your life count for something and surrender to the call of God.
1)  Confess (agree with God) that you have sinned and have been in rebellion against God. 1 John 1:9
2)  Repent (turn away)  from all that God calls sin. Your consience will direct you.
Acts 3:19, 26:20
3)  Believe (trust in and rely upon) that Jesus Christ is God and that he died on the cross for your sins. John 3:16, Romans 10:8-10
4)  Recieve him into your heart as your savior and your lord. You can do this simply by praying (talking) to God like a close friend.  John 1: 12



Father in Heaven,  I come to you today in the name of Jesus Christ,  I know that I have sinned against you, please forgive me of my sins.  I believe that Jesus Christ, died for my sins and rose again on the 3rd day by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Please make me to be born again and teach me to live a life that is pleasing to you. Help me to not want to do bad things anymore.  Please baptize me in the Holy Spirit.

For prayer and/or counseling please contact Pastor Sam Ohah at ohaso2002@yahoo.com or by telephone  +2348029093077  
While in the USA Pastor Sam can be reached at 804-539-6438

No comments:

Post a Comment