Without Faith It is impossible to please God.

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see

If you have a testimony that you would like to share, please register as a user and submit one.

Please come back often to have your faith built up. We want you to believe God for great things and many miracles. Also consider signing up to have new testimonies sent to your email as they come in.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sometimes lack is a real blessing!

I am involved in street ministry and I remember a time recently that I was headed into the City of Richmond to do some evangelism.  I was all alone and had in mind a certain part of the City near the major hospital and city hall.  Parking is available in this area but you have to either pay for a lot or feed the meter. At this time in my ministry, I was in a season of stretching my faith and was very low on funds....meaning I didn't even have change for the parking meter.  So I was forced to park in a different section of town about 6-8 blocks away from my destination.

I parked and as usual I started to hand out gospel tracts along the way to my destination.  On the way, I stopped to talk with a man who runs a fruit and vegetable stand in that part of the city.  As it turns out, he is also a believer. We had fellowship for a bit and encouraged each other.  I gave him some gospel tracts to pass out to the homeless people who happen by his stand etc.  Over the next few weeks and months, we developed a friendship and my ministry has been able to supply him with gospel literature (which we get free from www.wmpress.org and www.fellowshiptractleague.com).  He has been faithful to hand out the gospel literature.



On this same trip where I was lacking the funds to pay the parking meter I also found the Richmond International House of Prayer.  (http://www.rihop.com/)  The House of prayer is located directly across the street from this man's fruit stand.

Also from this diving appointment I was shown on television for a very short time.  One day I was down there visiting Brother Tim who runs the fruit stand and he was being interviewed by the local news.  They got a shot of me as I was talking to him and of course on my shirt in big letters were the words "TRUST JESUS".



I hope this testimony encourages you to give thanks to the LORD in all things and remember the JOY of the LORD is our strength.  Remember the Apostle Paul said that he had learned to be content wheather in plently or in lack.  And as this testimony shows sometimes the lack can be a real blessing.

ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR THE GOOD OF THOSE WHO LOVE GOD.  


This testimony has been shared by Jason Cowan of the Church of the Open Air.  He can be contacted for prayer and personal ministry via this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment