Without Faith It is impossible to please God.

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see

If you have a testimony that you would like to share, please register as a user and submit one.

Please come back often to have your faith built up. We want you to believe God for great things and many miracles. Also consider signing up to have new testimonies sent to your email as they come in.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Jesus gives us "two cents"! and confirms a call.

This is a short testimony of how God confirmed my call to a specific short term mission field.


This Hot Dog man stands near the Town Square in  Atlanta,  illinois where we were sent on the short term mission.   
Another missionary brother and I felt lead to go to a small town in Illinios to help a new church plant do some evangelism, etc.  At this time my family and I were believing for a farm and were anticipating moving to another town back home in Virginia.  My family and I, plus my other missionary friend names John Loewen, all packed into our minivan and made the long drive form Virginia to Illinois.  A few days after we arrived in the town, John and I headed out to do some door knocking. We stopped at a local gas station for some coffee. John went in while I stayed in the van.  When he came out after making the purchase he commented that the cashier had given him 2 extra pennies.  I told him that he should give the pennies back.  I thought that we should be honest and give the cashier back the two cents, after all it would be a good opportunity to witness about Jesus and being honest etc.  He stated that he had tried to give them back but the cashier refused to take the 2 cents back.

  While making the short drive to the nearby town where we were doing door knocking that day I remembered that on the back of a penny are the words "one sent" and that God had often encourage another brother that I knew by giving him pennies tale side up....which said to him...."Hey, you are one who is sent by God".  Most likely without even knowing it, that cashier was used of God to put my mind at ease. We were two "one cents" or two who were sent by God to strengthen the Assembly of God Church plant in Atlanta, Illinios.

I hope that this testimony encourages you to seek the call of God for your life and to ask for confirmations along the way to help you know that you are fulfilling his will for your life. He is a gracious and loving Father and likes to encourage his Children when appropriate!

No comments:

Post a Comment